SOAR Summer Day Camp
Every summer SOAR Special Needs offers a week-long SOAR Special Needs Summer Day Camp open for all individuals with special needs ages 3 y/o and older. We offer camp in-person from 9 am – 4 pm Monday through Friday. This year we are excited for our camp theme to be SOARing For Gold – Olympics! We cannot wait to enjoy a variety of fun activities including outdoor, craft, sensory, missions, story time, and more.
What are you doing to prevent the spread of COVID?
- Practices and precautions are being put in action in order to keep campers, volunteers, and staff safe.
- Traffic flow will be limited.
- Arrival and departure will be modified.
- We have an incredible medical team who serve to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Everyone will be asked to wear a mask. We know there are some campers who will not tolerate masking and that is understood. We will do our best to keep campers masked or physically distanced when appropriate. Campers will be permitted to take a “mask break” when needed. Volunteers and staff will wear masks all of the time, except when eating or drinking.
- Temperature checks.
Everyone will have a temperature check upon entry into the building every day.
If anyone has a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher, they may be asked to return home.
- Activity schedules will be adjusted to reduce large group programming.
- Camper teams will be limited to 10 campers in order to allow for physical distancing.
- Our large group time will be split into two areas to allow us to separate our teams to allow physical distancing.
- Volunteers will receive additional training on how to ensure the health and safety of everyone at camp.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations will be placed around the camp.
- Posters will be displayed to reinforce positive behaviors.
- Routine cleaning and disinfecting of facilities, activities, and equipment.
What are your cleaning procedures?
- We have volunteers and resources specifically dedicated to cleaning all highly touched surfaces during the day and thorough cleaning after camp each day.
Are COVID vaccines required?
- Vaccines are not required to attend camp, however, we will ask to be made aware if your camper has had the vaccine or if they have had COVID-19.
Do campers and volunteers have to wear masks?
- Masks are required for all volunteers and staff. Campers are highly encouraged, but not required to wear masks. We know there are some campers who will not tolerate masking and that is understood. We will do our best to keep campers masked or physically distanced when appropriate. Campers will be permitted to take a “mask break” when needed.
What happens if the camp has to be canceled due to worsening COVID?
- If the in-person camp has to be canceled due to worsening COVID concerns we will issue full refunds to all campers minus the non-refundable booking fee.